We will ensure your switch to Go Power is conducted in a transparent and fair manner
Code of Practice on Marketing and Sign Up
We want to give all customers full confidence and trust in the responsible marketing of Go Powers energy supply within the commercial and industrial sectors.
Customer Sign Up
We’re committed to ensuring that your switch to Go Power is conducted in a transparent and fair manner. By doing so, we will ensure we don't provide you with any misleading information, ensuring you understand what you must do so that any allowances that you may receive continue.
We will provide you with a quality assurance check at the beginning of the sign up, and provide full post- sign up confirmation of the details of the product that you have signed up to.
Our sales representatives will always be able to confirm their representative status by production of an identity card that shows their full name, Go Power business address and contact number. We will inform you of the nature of our visit, and will leave if requested.
Unless agreed with you in advance, we will never call to your business on Saturdays or Sundays, on Christmas Eve, any public or bank holiday, or outside 09:00 to 17:30 during weekdays.
Go Power Sales Guarantee
We will never knowingly mislead a customer with inaccurate information. When you sign up with a sales representative either at your door or telephone, you will receive an email within 24 hours to confirm the details of your switch and how you can cancel if you wish to. If you don’t use email, you can alternatively request a letter to be sent within four days to confirm the details. All our telesales representatives receive regular training to ensure they always work to the highest possible standards.
If you were knowingly mislead during our sales process and have paid more for your energy as a result of that process we will compensate you.
If you have any questions our Customer Care Team will be waiting to take your call on 01866 5612*. Alternatively you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will respond to you within 24 hours, Monday to Friday.
Marketing Online and Offline- Undertakings
Code of Practice on Vulnerable Customers
- Give you accurate, fair and transparent representations of both our own and our competitors’ products, services and all related charges, including any or all standing charges.
- Make comparisons on a like for like basis, with the data source and date clearly presented.
- Provide you with a method to ‘opt out’ of future marketing activities, and add you to our ‘no contact’ database if required.
- Make you aware of all our offer terms and conditions and the offer duration when advertising special promotions or offers.
- Display a list of terms and conditions on our website when offering promotional or introductory incentives or discounts.
- Present all of our tariffs in a clear and transparent manner that conforms to current CER Energy Supply Regulations.
A vulnerable customer is defined in legislation as a customer who is:
- Critically dependant on electricity powered equipment, which shall include but is not limited to life protecting devices, assistance technologies to support independent living and medical equipment, or
- Particularly vulnerable to disconnection during winter months (1st November to the 31st March) for reasons of advanced aged or physical sensory, intellectual or mental health.
At Go Power we are aware that some of our customers may have special requirements where the continuity of their energy supply is of vital importance. If you depend on any electrical medical equipment then please complete a Critical Care Customer Registration form- this can be requested on sign up, or at any stage by contacting our Customer Service Team on 01866 5612*.
This disconnection process for vulnerable customers may vary to that of non- vulnerable customers.
We offer a range of services for customers who have a visual or hearing impairment. To avail of these services, customers must register their details with us.
Special Services Include:
We can provide Braille communications to people who are Braille readers.
We can provide talking communications to people who are blind or have a visual impairment.
Large print communications
For people with visual impairment
For people with hearing impairment
For those who request it, we can send communications to a friend or relative.
To nominate a ‘contact person’ for your account please let us know by phone or in writing; the name of the person you would like to nominate and we will add them to your account.
Details of customers who register with special requirements will be forwarded to the network operations; ESB Networks. ESB Networks will include your details in the Industry Register. This enables ESB Networks to identify those customers who are particularly vulnerable to a supply interruption.
If you feel our commitment towards vulnerable customers does not meet your satisfactory requirments, please do not hestate to get in touch via email: email@example.com
or alternatively you can contact us on 01866 5612